Monday, October 8, 2012

Much ado about ... everything

Whoever said "Patience is a virtue" must have never had to wait for a lender to hear about a short sale.  Right.. so moving right along.. 

Although the house we are in the process of buying is sold as-is, hubby and I thought it would be wise to get an inspection done, just for our peace of mind.  As we followed the house inspector while he looked at every nook and cranny of said home, I couldn't help imagine myself already living there.

So I came around to wondering, am I setting myself up for disappointment? is my innocent daydreaming bad for my emotional health?  I'm not alone in this, hubby is so convinced that the deal is done, he started buying things for the house already!   

The other day at work, I found myself doodling about how I'm planning on opening up the kitchen and the finishes that I would choose... from the subway tile backsplash, open shelving, apron front sink and even down to the vintage adjustable barstools. 

dream kitchen... or just a dream.

Am I insane?  I've read countless blogs and internet articles about the  short sale process.  Buyer loves home, agrees to wait. Bank takes their time even acknowledging the sale. Buyer's patience grows thinner.  Bank finally begins the process.  Buyer's hope renews.  Bank goes through negotiations. Buyer's wait again. And again. And again.  Months later, Bank finally agrees and approves short sale. Buyer moves on, finds another home, and cancels bid.  --And that's a scenario where the bank actually approves.

And to this point, though thoroughly warned, I start to question my stamina.  How long can we really hang on? We love the house. I mean we really love the house.  Can I handle the rejection of not getting the house? 

Anyways, that's enough self-doubting for the day.  After the inspection, everything seems to be mostly in great working order, just a lot of maintenance type things that comes along with a turn of the century home.  Looks like quite a bit of a list, but manageable.  Here's hoping, we actually get to do any of it!


Follow This Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment