Friday, October 12, 2012

Man Up!

So I am late to the party and was reading a very popular house blog at work today, when I stumbled upon a post about a men's home decorating magazine.  Naturally, having worked in publishing in my former life, I read on.  My curiosity led me to google said magazine, mainly to see if it's still in publication, and find myself quietly LOLing in my present-day cubicle at the funny "man-centric" articles.  But one in particular caught my eye, and to my surprise, I found myself agreeing with a lot of the design philosophies featured in the article, aptly titled:  "how to decorate like a man"

I'm sure I rolled my eyes a few times, being a closet feminist and all (I did take a women's studies class in college), but I like the push for a vintage mindset, and repurposing obsolete items, and even the industrial look (orphaned manhole covers as coffee tables?? Brilliant!)  Ron Swanson would be proud.

Maybe it's just because we're in the midst of buying our own vintage home, but I guess it "behooves" me to look into differing perspectives to really discover my own sense of style.  ("Behooves" seems to be the "word du jour" at work.  my boss have used the term a bajillion times in the last week alone..)  I guess I could care less if it's labeled as manly or whatever, as long as patina and pockmarked, oil rubbed finishes makes a comeback, I am in!
Anyways, here's another article in the same vein, but is a bit more ridiculous and has hilarious merits ..(they are being ironic, right??) 
Puh-lease..as if just putting up draperies, will make us swoon.  (ack.. sometimes they do!)

Follow This Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment