Thursday, October 18, 2012

a little kitchen plum*bling*...

shiny!

The shopping spree for the would-be dream house continues..  Steve and I have always admired these semi-professional kitchen faucets everytime we see it as part of a big AFTER reveal when we watch DIY or HGTV.  We love its industrial look, the shiny polish, and functionality (yes, the spout is a pull-down sprayer..)  So last night, after watching another envy-inducing kitchen makeover episode of the Property Brothers (those guys are so kooky!), I decided to browse the interwebs and do some kitchen faucet research of my own. 

What I found was that these commercial kitchen looking beauties also come with a hefty price tag! (Think upwards of a grand for one of these puppies from Delta or Kohler. yipe!)  But determined as I was, I still held on to the dream and clicked on.  Lo and behold, American Standard's Pekoe Semi-Professional Single Control Kitchen Faucet in Polished Chrome.  At first, I was struck by her impossibly good looks (a little shallow, I know).  Then I quickly noticed the price... a whopping almost 50% off of its original retail price of $549 to $279.  A couple more clicks later, I noticed even further price reductions from sellers offering the same faucet in excellent condition with slightly damaged packaging.  I usually leave the unusual fascination of playing with empty boxes to my toddler, so slightly damaged packaging did not bother me one bit.  Here's a look at her in action.. (the faucet, not my toddler in boxes)

It was too good to pass up, I quickly snagged one for a grand total of $142.97, with free 2-day shipping (Score!)  Now if only we can get the house it belongs to already.

Follow This Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment