Saturday, December 22, 2012

We got the house!! Part Two

As of 5:15 pm on December 21, 2012, we've become official owners of a new, long yearned for, short sale house. After a 2 month wait for the ss approval and 3 extended closing dates, it felt like forever and I never thought I would say this, but the house is finally ours! (Yahoo!!)

I am still in complete shock and awe, overjoyed, overcome with anxiety among other things. And this close to the holidays, it's safe to say that I AM FREAKIN' OUT, MAN!!

I'll probably have to sit down another time and write in another post about the gory details of the process and the current state of the house (OUR house!!!), but I will make sure to do so when I am not in such a frenzied mental state. (And this post is coming from a few hours and a good short night's sleep later after closing) I am just in that much disbelief and its taken me about that long to realize what we just did.

So here's to new beginnings, a new year, a new life lived, and century old homes gaining new families and memories. May the coming years be kind to us all, through thick and thin, surviving renovations and new neighborhoods.

And let's hope the Mayans were correct in predicting that doomsday (the timely date that was chosen for our closing) is not about the end of life as we know it, but the end of an era and a new beginning, and a good one at that!

Cheers to everyone and hope everyone enjoys their holiday season!

Follow This Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment